The following three parallel sessions were held:
Parallel session 1: The role of RAS in empowering youth for sustainable rural-urban transformation
- What are new business, employment and livelihood opportunities in agriculture and agriculture-related domains attractive to youth?
- What role can RAS play in strengthening the knowledge, values, skills and services needed by youth to overcome the challenges and seize these opportunities?
- What changes in policy and the capacities of RAS are needed for them for empowering youth?
- Poverty Reduction Projects for Women and Youth (pdf 1.8MB), Amira Mahmoud, Egypt
- The Importance of Family Processes for Behavior Change (pdf 2MB), Fernando Manzo-Ramos, Mexico
- Mentoring Youth 2017 Programme: Attracting and Retaining Youth in Agriculture (pdf 2.7MB), Mahesh Chander, India
- Niger Delta Youth Training and Empowerment in Agriculture: Illusion and Solution (pdf 564 KB), M B Iliyasu, Nigeria
Parallel session 2: The role of youth in strengthening RAS to be more inclusive, context-sensitive, and demand-driven for all in the processes of rural-urban transformation
- What roles and opportunities are there for youth to strengthen RAS in the context of sustainable rural-urban transformation?
- What challenges are there in engaging youth in the provision of RAS?
- What changes in policies and the capacities of RAS are needed to overcome the challenges and seize the opportunities? Who should be the key stakeholders of this transformation?
- Growing to Lead: Building the Capacity of Young Professionals to Integrate Gender and Nutrition into RAS (pdf 2.6MB), Maria Jones, USA
- YouthinRAS: Sustainable Catalysts for an Inclusive and Oriented Community Transformation (pdf 5MB), Bappa Se Marc Ghislain, Cameroon
- Growing Future Feeders from the Ground up (pdf 2.4MB), Alpha Sennon, Trinidad and Tobago
Parallel session 3: RAS, youth and rural-urban, urban-rural migration patterns:
- What is the impact of youth migration patterns on rural areas?
- How is, can, or should RAS be involved in these dynamics (for example in mitigating rural-urban migration)?
- What policies and changes are required in the capacities of RAS to accommodate these new dynamics?
- Creating a Vision for Rural Livelihoods Through Participatory Video (pdf 309KB), Elske van de Fliert, Australia
- Addressing Rural Youth Migration through the Nigerian N-Power-agro Initiative for aBalanced Rural-Urban Development (pdf 647KB), Koyenikan M. J. and Ohiomoba I. S., Nigeria
- Increasing the Economic Prospects of Young People in the Rural Solomon Islands (pdf 1.2MB), Joseph Hika, Solomon Islands