With the growing importance of rural advisory services and extension in agricultural development for food and nutritional security, food sovereignty, and economic stability, the role and capacities of the professional extension agent becomes crucial. As mentioned in the "New Extensionist" the vocational and continuing training of these professionals needs to be strengthened and endorsed with the capacities to meet the coming challenges. This interactive directory contains information about training opportunities for extension and rural advisory services.
It consists of two parts:
- Institutions provides information about institutions that offer training in extension and/or rural advisory services
- Courses provides information about specific courses that are offered by the institutions
Help us completing the directory by entering your organisation!
How to enter data
Please always start with the organisation:
- Log in to this website (or register if you do not have a login yet).
- Start by entering the profile of your organisation
- Save this profile
- At the bottom of the profile you see a link "Add a course". Use this link to get to the form for entering a course.
Note: If you start by entering a course it will be impossible to attribute this course to an organisation.